At the Medical Rejuvenation Centre we offer a variety of different chemical peels. Chemical peels provide brightening, tightening and glow that is often desired for the look of more youthful skin. They are non-invasive, well tolerated with no downtime.
A chemical peel can restore a more youthful appearance to wrinkled, pigmented, sun-damaged, or uneven skin.
All peels involve applying a chemical solution to remove the outer layers of skin so that a smoother, more evenly pigmented, glowing layer of skin can appear. There are three basic categories of chemical peels. Each type works differently, and produces different results. Your skin care technician will recommend the type of chemical peel that is best suitable for your skin type.
The application of chemical peels are relatively fast and simple. No sedation or anesthesia is required, since the patient only experiences a slight stinging when the solution is applied. The treatment usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Tightens skin and restores a more youthful appearance
- Improves skin colour, clarity and texture
- Significant improvement in hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Smooths fine lines, wrinkles and rough textures
- Helps improve acne and acne scarring
- Shrinks pores and improves discoloration