What is the difference between Botox and Fillers?
Both Botox and Dermal Fillers are soft injectables that help restore signs of aging, soften wrinkles and smoothen skin. Both injectables are a safe method to use and to incorporate into your beauty and healthy skin routine. However, one of the most common questions asked among our patients is, what are the differences between Botox and Fillers?
Differences between Botox & Dermal Fillers
- Botox is a purified protein that works by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to targeted muscles. It weakens the muscle so that it can’t contract, thereby relaxing and softening wrinkles.
- Injectable treatment used to smooth wrinkles and slow down the signs of aging
- Appointments are usually completed within 15 minutes
- Some treatment areas: Brow lift, Crow’s feet, Laugh lines, Smoker lines, Forehead Lines, Gummy Smile, Frown Lines, among others.
- Lasts up to 3-4 months
- Dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid-based, soft injectable gels that are used to replenish and refresh your appearance. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in your body, which combines with the water in your skin to instantly restore lost volume and reduce lines and wrinkles.
- Soft injectable gels that are used to replenish and refresh your appearance
- Some treatment areas: Lip Fillers, Nose Fillers, Nasolabial lines, Under eye, Chin, Jaw, Cheeks, Marionette Lines, Temple, among others.
- Lasts up to 18 months depending on the type of filler applied to the patient